Wednesday, March 13, 2013

First Watch is the shit

     Do you know who has the best breakfast blend ever??? First Watch Daytime Cafe, and there are a wopping 0 in Michigan. Boooo! My husband and I first discovered First Watch while on a weekend trip to Northern Kentucky, his best friend was living there at the time and he took us to one in Cincinnati.
     Through out my adult life I've gone through phases of drinking coffee, and not drinking coffee. The not drinking coffee phases are usually brief, for whatever reason I just don't feel like it for a while, and then I'll start back up again. When I entered the restaurant that day, it was during one of my non-coffee phases. I don't think I've had another one of those phases since, and I think I took home about 3 bags. First of all, they server their coffee in the waiting area, FOR FREE! At the time of my first visit, even the coffee at your table, during your meal was complimentary as well (since then, its now $1.99 all you can drink, still not bad) And they have Coffee Mate! I am not a fan of the typical breakfast-joint, sugar packets and half and half, as I feel sugar makes coffee taste bitter, so any place that has flavored creamer gets points in my book.
     There is something so rich and full flavored, almost nutty about this coffee (and I really enjoy a good nutty undertone to my coffee) The food at First Watch is equally delicious, really fresh and different. The use a lot of seasonal fruit and avocado I notice. Everything is good, especially the coffee. Bummer for me I can't even buy it online, they only sell it at the restaurants.... I'm mean I can't find this shit anywhere, I've checked Amazon, EBay, I looked for the companies website. I've emailed them about it a few times and they're so awesome they've even sent me a couple free bags. Just a good company all together. Unfortunately there's not even one in Toledo,  we'd drive an hour for First Watch and to stock up on coffee once in a while. Oh well, I have friends in Florida that can send me some, I guess for now I'll just have to settle for the CHEESECAKE FACTORY were finally getting this summer, 10 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!! The Sunrise Select Coffee is exclusively at First Watch Daytime Cafe (which serves breakfast and lunch) and receives a straight forward A. If you live in AZ, FL, GA, IN, KS, KY, MD, MO, OH,OK, PA,TN, VA, WV, or WI consider yourself lucky and check it out. http://www.firstwatch.com/sunrise-select.htm


No comments: